Monday, September 10, 2012

CoffeeScript keeps crashing on me

I am a big fan of CoffeeScript, I think it is the syntax that Javascript should have. The problem I have is this, the compiler keeps crashing on me. I generally set it up with the "--watch" command so that it will keep track of my files and recompile as I go, which is nice. Except when it crashes and I spend 5 minutes wondering why my new code is not showing up.

I had originally thought to write an erlang app to fix this, but then I realized that I need something much simpler, a shell script will do:

(yea I suck as shell scripts) But it does the job. It runs the compiler and if it should exit well then bash will just restart it without bothering me.

When in doubt have the computer do the boring and repetitive stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment